It's natural that the first thing anyone thinks to donate to a foodbank is food, but toiletries and hygiene products are also extremely important.
Alongside the standard food parcel, we try to provide the following essential non-food items to adults and children in crisis, helping them maintain dignity and feel human again.
The list below sets out what we generally need the most, but please always check with us before donating.
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, tooth paste, hand wipes
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food. (Please note, due to advice from UNICEF we cannot accept donations of formula milk.)
- We occasionally have dog and cat food